"No fault" is the fault of all
I use Google Mail, otherwise known as Gmail, as my personal e-mail service. Generally an excellent service, with helpful tools, reasonable response time, and massive storage. For this free service, Google inserts supposedly content-related ads on the far right of the screen. I generally don't even see them, as they are unobtrusive. This morning was different, however, as I couldn't miss the link for this one: It read "End your marriage NOW!"
Because I had received an e-mail inquiring about the wife's and my weddding photos - and if we'd posted them yet (we're newlyweds) - Gmail picked up on keywords such as wedding and married and inserted an ad about how to easily end a marriage. I don't fault the engine that does that; it is only as intelligent as programmed. I do however chastise Gmail for allowing such an ad - promoting easy divorce, probably one of 2 or 3 principal problems in our western society. Gmail hardly stands alone in this, however; it is endemic.
Because I had received an e-mail inquiring about the wife's and my weddding photos - and if we'd posted them yet (we're newlyweds) - Gmail picked up on keywords such as wedding and married and inserted an ad about how to easily end a marriage. I don't fault the engine that does that; it is only as intelligent as programmed. I do however chastise Gmail for allowing such an ad - promoting easy divorce, probably one of 2 or 3 principal problems in our western society. Gmail hardly stands alone in this, however; it is endemic.








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home