Reasonable Nuts

Sometimes nuts. Always reasonable. We are REASONABLE NUTS.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Free political advice to incoming Dems: don't do this.

Were I advising the Democrats, I'd suggest they do NOT follow this track. The American voter is not likely to reward 2 years of incessant shrill investigations brought about by 12 years of pent-up frustration at being the minority party after 40 years of majority. But that seems where the Dems are treading. It's been suggested that Pelosi will contain and restrain them, but I don't see it, not with most of the Dem leadership being old and cranky men. Were I an old man on the out for so long, I'd be thinking "what's my legacy?" or, failing that, "what can I get away with in the short time I have?" Pelosi doesn't have a chance against that sort of self-interest.

The upshot for the conservative is that 2 years may well see a shuffle back to the right for this very reason. Well, that, and the loss of several U.S. cities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home